EFT Tapping Points
Read more about our top quality EFT training courses here
Read more about individual therapy and coaching, face-to-face or via Skype here
The diagram below shows the location of the most used points during an EFT treatment. These points are in fact at the ends of energy meridians and are located just beneath the surface of the skin, responding to touch rather then having to use needles.
Whilst each energy meridian relates to a specific organ or part of the body, in EFT we do not need to be aware of this, as we simply tap on all the points since there are so few.
Below the diagram you will find the standard procedure for doing EFT as well as the anatomical reference for each point.
Abbreviations and anatomical references:
- SS: The Sore Spot - Neurolymphatic point
- EB: Beginning of the Eye Brow - Bladder Meridian
- SE: Side of the Eye - Gall Bladder Meridian
- UE: Under the Eye - Stomach Meridian
- UN: Under the Nose - Governing Vessel
- Ch: Chin - Central Vessel
- CB: Beginning of the Collar Bone - Kidney Meridian
- BN: Below Nipple - Liver Meridian
- UA: Under the Arm - Spleen Meridian
- TH: Top of the Head - Governing Vessel
- Th: Thumb- Lung Meridian
- IF: Index Finger - Large Intestine Meridian
- MF: Middle Finger - Heart Protector
- BF: Baby Finger - Heart Meridian
- KC: Karate Chop - Small Intestine Meridian
Please note that these tapping points proceed down the body, making them easy to memorise.
The BN (Below Nipple) point has been omitted, as it can be an awkward point for ladies to access and EFT results have been superb without it. This point relates to the Liver Meridian and there may be occasions where you may need to use it.
The "Gamut" point is a special point used in the 9-Gamut procedure. It is found on the back of either hand and is about 15mm behind and between the knuckles at the base of the ring finger and the little finger.
Doing the process
The diagram indicates the tapping points we use. Using the points on the upper part of the body only is quite often sufficient to bring about the desired relief (Known as the short cut). Using the additional points in the hand can provide further opportunity for "straightening out" the energy in our bodies.
- Start by identifying the issue you would like to work on.
- Rate the intensity of the feeling on a scale of 0 - 10 at the current moment where 10 is the most intense; so for example the intensity of your head or back ache, or the intensity of any emotion - fear, anger, sadness etc.
- Then by either massaging your "sore spot" or by tapping your "karate chop point", say three times...
Even though I have this (insert problem here)______________ , I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
- Then, tapping on each point approximately 7 times each and starting from the eyebrow point, tap on each point in the order they appear down the body. After the under arm point, finish off the cycle at the top of the head.
- Do this tapping sequence twice (point 4) using any two fingers along either side of the body - it is not necessary to tap on both sides and it is completely OK to alternate from one side to another. Using two fingers again seems to work in that it increases the chances of targeting the exact point.
- Once you have done two rounds of tapping, score the intensity of the problem on a scale of 0 - 10. The problem could have:
- Disappeared completely - well done!
- Reduced in intensity - do more rounds of tapping, adjusting the wording appropriately (e.g. "even though I still feel a bit sad or I have this remaining sadness, I deeply and completely love and accept myself")
- Changed to something else or in the case of a physical pain, moved to elsewhere in the body (do further rounds of tapping, adjusting the wording appropriately)
- Increased in intensity - this is relevant feedback and again alter your wording to fit what you are feeling as you do further rounds of tapping.
- Stop when you feel relief and ready to move on.